In this section, we at Moon-Birds will regularly offer recommendations from our own witchy, weird, wild, and wicked playlists. Feast your ears on this, and get magickal.
A mantra for domestic bliss inspired by these pieces: May the den where your besweatered boyfriend does his crossword puzzles be decorated with alligator heads, and may you never have to explain why you don’t want to have his kids or his dick pic.
- “Household Object: Taxidermied Alligator Head” by Carmen Maria Machado in The Believer June/July 2018 (in print only)
- “Ohio” by Becca Lambright in The Adroit Journal Issue Twenty-Three
- “17 Real-Life Would-You-Rathers I, a Woman, Have Had to Ask Myself” by Isabella Giovannini in McSweeney’s
- “Breadcrumb #377: Fire Season” by Christine Quattro in Breadcrumbs
- “How to Knit Your Own Boyfriend and Other Easy Projects” by Amy Emm in Pigeon Pages
For up-to-the-minute recommendations from Joanna,
follow her on Twitter @thewelllostmind