In this section, we at Moon-Birds will regularly offer recommendations from our own witchy, weird, wild, and wicked playlists. Feast your ears on this, and get magickal.
Love is a lot more complicated than Disney ever told us. After all, how is it that Prince Charming was in love with Cinderella but couldn’t recognize her face? Love is a mixture of emotions, sometimes including a heavy dose of hate. It can be felt for a person, even for a place, for a piece of writing.
- “Venice Has My Body: A Love Letter To Venice” by Joanna Valente in Clash
- “Fuck Marry Kill” by Zachary Dross in LUMINA: Volume XVI (print only)
- “When I Say Love” by Meredith Martinez in Contrary
- “Object Permanence” by Nicole Sealey in The American Poetry Review
- “I Have Her Memories Now” by Carrie Grinstead in Tin House
For up-to-the-minute recommendations from Joanna,
follow her on Twitter @thewelllostmind