In this section, we at Moon-Birds will regularly offer recommendations from our own witchy, weird, wild, and wicked playlists. Feast your ears on this, and get magickal.
It’s been a hot, humid summer in New York. Sweaty, sticky. It’s been a hot, political couple of years. Sweaty, sticky. We hope that fall will bring with it crisp weather and crisp apples, but the political stakes will only get higher and more hotly contested. Here, some pieces that feel the heat.
- “Queen of Swords” by Elissa Washuta in Medium
- “Everything You Know About Obesity is Wrong” by Michael Hobbes in Huffington Post
- “Soup is Bullshit” by Marisa Crane in Cotton Xenomorph
- “Octopuses Get Strangely Cuddly On The Mood Drug Ecstasy” by Nell Greenfieldboyce for NPR
- “They Wanted My” by Kim Parko in Yes Poetry
For up-to-the-minute recommendations from Joanna,
follow her on Twitter @thewelllostmind