In this section, we at Moon-Birds will regularly offer recommendations from our own witchy, weird, wild, and wicked playlists. Feast your ears on this, and get magickal.
Halloween is coming next week, and while we think the scariest thing about that is the fact that November is practically here, these stories have their own gruesome fear factor.
- “And Then I Cursed This Motherfucker” by A. E. Osworth in Paper Darts
- “Unearth” by Alicia Elliott in Grain (44.3 Spring 2017) and Best American Short Stories 2018 (both print only)
- “The Weak Spot” by Sophie Mackintosh in Granta
- “The Pamphlet” by T Kira Madden in Medium
- “It’s Still Alive” by Colette DeDonato in The Believer (June/July 2018)
For up-to-the-minute recommendations from Joanna,
follow her on Twitter @thewelllostmind
Leave a Reply